Galleries and Museums

The Anacortes History Museum and W.T. PRESTON
1305 8th STREET
PHONE: 360.293.1915

The Museum is open from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. daily except on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. There is no admission fee but there is a suggested donation of $2. The W.T. PRESTON is open on weekends only during April, May, September and October and is open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in June, July, and August. Admission fee is $1 for ages 8-16 and $2 for adults.

“Founded in 1958 and established at the Carnegie Library building in 1967, the Museum is a department of the City of Anacortes. In 1983, following a successful bid, the City acquired the National Historic Landmark, the W.T. PRESTON, as part of the Anacortes Museum. In 2005, the Snagboat Heritage Center opened to interpret the history of the W.T. PRESTON and the two boats that preceded it.”

“The Anacortes Museum exists to preserve and interpret the history of Fidalgo and Guemes Islands and to nurture in the community an awareness and appreciation of its heritage.”